Using Earnest means you agree to our Terms and Conditions of Use.
This is why we hope you’ll read it so you know what you’re agreeing to. It should take around 10 minutes.
Last updated: May 17, 2019
Earnest is an online service by the Metropolitan Bank & Trust Company (or “Metrobank.”) When you see “we” “us” or “our” in this document, it means Metrobank.
When you see the word, “you,” it means you, the user or anyone who is legally authorized to represent you.
By using Earnest, you represent that you are at least eighteen (18) years old and capable of managing your own affairs.
As a user, you can use Earnest to:
- Join and interact with its online community so you can learn and discuss about finance, investing, and other money matters.
- Access and rate its financial education and literacy materials.
- Give your feedback on its various features.
These will be referred to as “products” in this document. We will inform you in case we change products being offered through Earnest.
Access to Earnest
When we say “Access to Earnest,” we mean your going on Earnest and logging in.
You are responsible for the security of the credentials (i.e. your user ID and password) you use to access Earnest.
If Earnest receives a login with your credentials, it will grant access to your account as well as the products on Earnest.
Any transaction made using your account, credentials, and with valid access is considered final, valid, and binding against you, even without your actual or wet signature.
There may be times where Earnest or certain features will be unavailable because of the following reasons:
- System maintenance
- Transaction cut-off times
- Electrical failure
- Other causes outside our control
Furthermore, we will not be liable for losses or damages in connection with your use of Earnest in the following scenarios:
- The loss or damage is caused by a delay, disruption, or failure in your access to Earnest because of things Metrobank can’t control such as:
- Prolonged power outages
- Problems due to hardware or software (including viruses and bugs)
- System-related issues (e.g. incompatibility, upgrade errors in the system)
- Breakdown in telecommunication facilities
- Fires, typhoons, floods, earthquakes, and other calamities
- War, terrorism, revolution, riot, civil or military disorder
- Strike, lockout or other industrial action
- Acts of the government and other similar acts
- Somebody commits improper, fraudulent, or unauthorized actions or transactions because your device(s) was/were stolen.
- Somebody uses your user ID and password, and PIN, whether you gave it to them or not.
- The loss or damage is caused by inaccurate, incomplete, or delayed information due to disruption or system failure.
- Other causes that prevent us from doing our obligations to you.
Security and Confidentiality
We will do everything we can to ensure that Earnest is secure and cannot be accessed by unauthorized third parties. However, we can’t guarantee that Earnest will always be free from viruses or other security risks.
Likewise, we will exert reasonable efforts to make sure that your information and use of Earnest remain confidential except when we are required to disclose by law or existing regulations.
We own all rights, title and interest arising from or in connection with Earnest.
What this means is you are not allowed to do the following to Earnest:
Doing or allowing anyone to do any of the above is a violation of our proprietary interest.
You have to make sure that all information you provide to us is complete and accurate. We encourage you to check your transaction records and/or access to Earnest. Please let us know immediately if there is any error or questionable transaction or access to your Earnest account.
Termination and Suspension
There are cases when we can immediately suspend your Earnest account or even ban you from Earnest without prior notice. They are:
- If you violate this Terms and Conditions or any other agreement with Metrobank.
- If your Earnest account have been inactive for more than 1 year.
- If it is needed to protect you, other users, and our system from harm, be it in the form of a denial of service attack, viruses, or malicious codes.
- If we are required to by a law, a regulatory body, a competent court of law, or own internal policies and procedures.
- If we become aware that you have passed on, have become bankrupt, or legally incapacitated.
- If by our sole and reasonable judgment, allowing you to access Earnest is not in our best interest or would expose us to certain legal, reputational or financial risk.
Contacting Team Earnest
If you would like to report any unauthorized transactions or errors or if you would like to communicate your complaints or concerns, please email us at email@example.com.
By contacting us, you agree to cooperate and give information for use in investigation and resolving complaints if needed.